The easier version of Korean Soft tofu stew
Korean Soft Tofu Stew recipe
For the stock:
• 1 small-sized piece of Kelp
• 5-7 pieces of Ikan billis
• 3 cups of water
• Radish (optional)
• 100g Minced meat
• About 1/2 cup of kimchi
• 1 knob of garlic
• 1/2 mid-sized onion
• Soft tofu (egg tofu or tofu for steaming)
• 1 1/2 tbsp of Red pepper flakes
• Sesame oil
• Salt and sugar
• An egg
• Spring onions
1. Wash ikan billis and kelp.
2. Add ikan billis and kelp to water. Bring it to a boil.
3. Maintain heat at mid-heat for about 20-30mins.
4. Mince the garlic and slice the onion.
5. Add soya sauce and sesame oil to minced meat.
6. Strain the broth using a sieve.
1. Add a tablespoon of sesame oil.
2. Sauteed onion and garlic.
3. Stir fry minced meat till cooked.
4. Add kimchi.
5. Add a cup of broth, or till it covers the ingredients.
6. Boil for about 7-8mins.
7. Add salt and sugar to taste.
8. Add tofu and more broth.
9. Add red pepper flakes and bring it to a boil.
10. Crack an egg and cover to stew for 1-2mins.
11. Add spring onions and it's done!